If you’re looking for your next romantic outing or simply something new to experience in Dubai, the Love Lakes in Al Qudra are not to be missed.
Love Lakes are two connected man-made lakes in the shape of hearts with surrounding trees that spell out “Love”… in the middle of the desert!
There are plenty of Instagrammable photo-ops.
Ample space for a picnic.
And a jogging track for the fitness lovers.
Things to Know Before Arriving
- Entry is free!
- The Love Lakes are approx. 45 mins to 1 hour depending on your starting point in Dubai.
- I recommend using Waze for your navigation. Select “Love Lake New” as your destination – this will bring you directly to the parking lot of the lakes. The area is quite big and there are several lakes – be sure you arrive at the right one. Once in the vicinity, just follow the signs for “Love Lakes.”
- If you have a really low car, the chances of getting stuck is high. I drove a Chevy Spark and made out just fine (just pay attention while driving).
- BBQ allowed only in designated areas. There’s also camping areas just outside the lake’s entrance.
- Bring your own refreshments – there are no food facilities.
- There’s little to no shade during the day – come prepared.
Enjoy & Happy Outing!